CSAA is a partnership of 13 African Universities in Eastern, Central, Southern and Western Africa lead by Makerere University in Uganda. The members of the partnership are University of Pretoria (South Africa), Mzuzu University (Malawi), University of Juba (South Sudan), University of Free State (South Africa), Makerere University (Uganda), University of Abomey Calavi (Benin), Universite Cheikh Auta Diop de Dakar (Senegal), Mekelle University (Ethiopia), University of Ghana, Legon (Ghana), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (Ghana), Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique)
- Produce high caliber scientists who will lead training, manage and innovate the research for development agenda.
- Provide graduates with capability of understanding all aspects of research, both individually and as part of a team.
- Give graduates an opportunity to broaden their knowledge in plant sciences and biotechnology that will permit them to engage in science led agricultural development.
- Build strong national – regional – global consortium to rationalize regional resources for agricultural innovations within Africa.
- Develop agri – business skills and other social skills among the graduates